Hi, I’m Kim, and I help companies solve problems.
I am an attorney and corporate executive with more than eighteen years of experience in risk management, compliance, and corporate law. I have served as in-house and out-house counsel for large and small public and private companies, especially in the life sciences sector. I am also a recovering litigator, having practiced in a specialty FDA litigation practice at a prominent Washington, DC law firm.
How can I help you?
My clients appreciate my practical perspective and keen appreciation for brevity and consistency, wrapped up in some old-fashioned common sense.
I build personal relationships with my clients. This isn’t just good business; it encourages open dialogue and ensures that formalities and niceties don’t get in the way of rolling up our sleeves and getting down to work.
Here are some of the ways I can help:
- Outside General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
- Risk assessments, gap analyses, and due diligence
- Comprehensive Compliance Program development and management
- Negotiate, draft, and review agreements and contracts
- Manage and review outside counsel
- Promotional materials review
- Internal audits and investigations
- Grant assessment and review
- Executive and Board reports and periodic training
- Competitor disputes
Before law school, I was a technical communications consultant, which means I translated really smart people into something the rest of us could understand. This is where I developed my passion for concise language and minimal fuss.
What I do when I’m not working
I live in Baja, so I ride my horse and surf and kayak. I knit and I read. A lot! Currently, I’m reading “Flying Helicopters in Laos for Air America,” by Bill Collier, and re-reading (again) the Aubrey/Maturin series, by Patrick O’Brian.
I also blog at insolentwench.com.