Hi, I’m Kim, and I help life science companies solve problems.
I am an attorney and corporate executive with more than sixteen years experience in the life sciences industry. I have served as in-house and out-house counsel for large and small public and private life science companies. I am also a recovering litigator, having practised in a specialty FDA litigation practice at a prominent Washington, DC law firm.
Why hire me?
My clients appreciate my practical perspective and keen appreciation for brevity and consistency, wrapped up in some old-fashioned common sense.
I build personal relationships with my clients. This isn’t just good business; it encourages open dialogue and ensures that formalities and niceties don’t get in the way of rolling up our sleeves and getting down to work.
I’ve outlined some of the areas I can help with below. Give me a call and let’s see how we can help.
- Outside General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer
- Comprehensive Compliance Program development, management, & implementation
- Risk assessments, gap analyses, & due diligence
- Promotional compliance counselling
- Promotional materials review
- On-call counsel & support to business units, including Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Medical & Clinical Affairs
- Internal compliance audits & investigations
- Sexual harassment assessments & interactive training
- Grant assessment & review
- Executive & Board reports & periodic training
- Competitor disputes
- Product approvals
- Product recall & safety
- Clinical trial matters
Before law school, I was a technical communications consultant, which means I translated really smart people into something the rest of us could understand. This is where I developed my passion for concise language and minimal fuss.
What I do when I’m not working
I laugh with my husband as often as possible. I ride my horse; knit; read. A lot. Currently, I’m reading “Flying Helicopters in Laos for Air America,” by Bill Collier, and re-reading (again) the Aubrey/Maturin series by Patrick O’Brian.
I blog at insolentwench.com and re-design my websites constantly (including this one).