Hi, I’m Austin, and I help companies of all shapes, sizes, and industries overcome their challenges.
Spanning nearly twenty years, I have built up an expertise that combines public policy, economics, and legal mechanics into useful counsel for businesses with complex, highly-regulated matters. All too often, the hoops that businesses have to jump through for their investors, their bankers, their employees, or their relevant government agencies seems daunting — oftentimes by design. My job is to demystify these nuances for you, allowing you to do your #1 job: run your business.
Why hire me?
I am a creative and diligent ally to businesses navigating the challenges associated with growth, on-going success, and transition to new ventures and stages.
I help my clients meet these challenges with candid advice, short-and-sweet solutions, and strategic thinking that anticipates a business’s future needs instead of simply answering the immediate issue.
Below are some key areas where I can help your business. Give me a call and we’ll see how we can be that creative solution you need.
- Outside General Counsel
- Transaction drafting and negotiations
- HR management and implementation
- Soft intellectual property (trademarks & copyrights)
- Succession planning, including wills and trusts
- Internal investigations
- Fraud and abuse
- Securities compliance
- Litigation strategy
- Derivative, class actions, and civil litigation
- Financial analysis and reverse engineering
- Corporate derivatives and exotic options
- Corporate governance and finance best practices
- Legislative updates and legal developments
- Policy analysis and review
- Government and media relations
Before and during law school, I had roles both within and without government with particular focus on securities regulation, economic development, fiscal policy, and education. These roles developed my blended passion for policy, economics, and the law.
What I do when I’m not working
I take care of the perpetual Life Law Partners Employee of the Month, a 10-pound pug-mix dog named Rita. I also spectate and pontificate on almost every organized sport, with particular passion for lacrosse, swimming, gymnastics, and Wisconsin professional and collegiate teams.